November 29, 2011

Is It My Turn for a Vacation?

We packed in a lot of activities during the girls' week off of school last week. The week included a trip to the library, a visit to our local butterfly pavilion, my midnight shift on Black Friday, a trip to the zoo for the Christmas display and to see Santa, a day of decorating the house for Christmas and, of course, Thanksgiving dinner. Phew!
It was actually nice to have the time to get out, even if it seemed we were constantly on the go. Sometimes during their school breaks the weather doesn't cooperate or work schedules don't leave room for much down time. The butterfly pavilion was crowded (we went the day before Thanksgiving) but manageable and while the nighttime visit to the zoo was chilly, we had fun looking at the lights and visiting Santa. 
Between our outings and work, I'm exhausted. My midnight to noon shift on Black Friday ended up only lasting until 9am. I came home and crashed for three hours and was in bed that night by 8:30pm. Thank goodness that's over until next year! Unlike the previous week when I dealt with an obnoxiously rude customer, on Black Friday a customer sought out my manager... and told him what exceptional service I had given her. (I swear I didn't put her up to it, either!) It was nice to end the chaotic week on a pleasant note!

3 comments:

MaryAnne said...

Hooray for a NICE customer!!!

What a busy week/weekend you had! I hope you do get some downtime soon!

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

I'm so glad you had such a nice "run-in" at work to make up for the crazy one the week before...and bless you for working that crazy shift! I have never done the Black Friday thing, but I'm hoping it was at least a little bit "entertaining", since I'm certain it was exhausting. :)

Glad you and your family were able to pack in lots of fun during the long weekend, too!

Renae said...

I'm so glad to hear that you had very positive experience with a customer after that really horrible one the week before. Hopefully this is the one that will stick with you through the holiday shopping season.

Post a Comment