November 07, 2011

DST, Ruining My Routine Once Again

I used to love "falling back." Turning the clocks back an hour meant an extra hour of sleep. Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way with children. I have never once enjoyed an extra hour of sleep with my girls around. Yesterday they slept until what would have been 7:30 am just the day before. Today, they were up before the alarm for school. The last few weeks have been great. It's been dark until about 7 am or so, and I've had to wake them up for school. Now that we have set the clocks back an hour, I'll be lucky if they make it to 6:30 am! The sun is now up earlier and I guess we will be, too! One of these days my daughters will understand the luxury of sleeping in. Until then, I'll just have to hope they continue to whisper when they wake up.

5 comments:

Jen said...

Haha. The exact same thing in our house. I am looking forward to those days when they like to sleep in. Although I do realize by then it will be frustrating to have to drag them out of bed in the mornings! ;o)

Unknown said...

I once lived in Arizona where there is no daylight savings time. It was wonderful.

MaryAnne said...

I can empathize - unfortunately...

Quadmama said...

Hubby mentioned last night that we should move to AZ for that very reason!

Dee said...

You poor thing!

Post a Comment