March 16, 2011

A Glimpse at My Future

Shortly after my daughters were born, Jay Leno was on Oprah showing clips of some of his favorite guests. Among them was a clip of a set of identical quadruplets. (I couldn't find the video, so you'll have to settle for a clip of them with Maury. I have no idea why there are French subtitles. Minus the French, It's pretty much the same thing I saw with Jay).
It was fascinating and terrifying at the same time. I saw my future... I could probably have my daughters re-enact the video. They have a lot of the same tendencies... especially the tendency to talk over one another and not use their inside voices.
Last night I was flipping through the TV channels when I came across a show called Four of a Kind. It's a reality show about a set of 17-year-old identical quadruplets. I didn't realize it right away, but these girls are the same girls I saw on TV after my girls were born. I was sucked in for a bit. It was really interesting to see how these girls interact with one another now that they're teens. They have their own friends (a scene in the school lunchroom showed them sitting with friends rather than one another), but they are clearly close. And they bicker. A lot. 
Hubby and I looked at each other and pretty much could only say "Wow." In one scene, the girls were trying to come up with a skit for a talent competition. One of the sisters felt no one was listening to her. So she left. The park. With their only car. It reminded me of the numerous times one of my girls has stomped off, declaring to her sisters "You're not my best friend!"
Will I be watching the show? Probably not. As with the first time I saw these girls on TV, it was fascinating and terrifying at the same time. It's like the whole Jon and Kate thing. Why watch it when you can see it played out in person!

4 comments:

MaryAnne said...

Wow! Exactly why I think parents of multiples have to be superparents.

Renae said...

Wow! That's an intense 1 minute 12 seconds of quad footage!

Angela said...

Too funny! But I can see why you don't want to watch it!

Allyson said...

Those quads are now 17 and a reality show about them just started last week on tlc called Four of a kind.

Post a Comment