May 27, 2009

Pay It Forward Challenge

I had a nice long Memorial Day weekend capped off with a pleasant surprise. I was one of the winners in the "Pay It Forward Challenge" from My Life in the Fishbowl. Sherri's wonderful package of goodies arrived yesterday and my daughters and I had a grand time going through the stash this morning. The point of the challenge is to acknowledge fellow bloggers with some tokens of appreciation... then they pass on the recognition to three others.

Sherri's package was quite fun to open. Inside I found a Starbucks gift card, a photo album (considering how many pictures I take I'll have it filled in no time), a beautiful notepad, a cute flowered nail file, some post-its and cucumber melon hand sanitizer (how she knew that is my favorite scent is beyond me). Best of all there was a nice note from Sherri. I feel as though I know her even though we've only met in cyberspace.
Now it's my turn to pay it forward. Before I go through the rules, let me say this: if you decide to take part, you don't have to go to grand levels to pay it forward if you are a winner. The point of this challenge is to simply let others know they are appreciated. You don't have to put a lot of money into this, just do something to say "hey, thanks for being you" and brighten someone's day.
So here are my rules: To enter, leave a comment telling me your favorite TV show. Your entry must include an email or blog address so I can reach you. If you are a winner you will have 48 hours after notification to claim your prize. Want an extra entry? Follow this blog. Want another entry? Twitter about the challenge and include @quadmama in your tweet. Be sure to leave a comment for each additional entry. To keep shipping costs down this is only open to U.S. addresses. The deadline to enter is 11:59 PM (MST) Thursday June 4, 2009. Now if you'll excuse me I need to figure out what I'll be putting in the goodie packages for my lucky winners.

7 comments:

LauraC said...

I love this challenge! What a great idea! My all-time favorite tv show is Lost. The acting, the scenery, the plot, everything is top-notch.

My favorite bed rest show was American Idol, bc it was something to look forward to every week!

Quadmama said...

People wonder how I became a reality show junkie... bed rest will do that to you! Your entry is noted.

Stephanie said...

I was a winner from Sherri too :) I have to agree that the package was so much fun to open :) No to get the challenge posted on my blog and figure out what to put into the boxes! Have a great day!!

Quadmama said...

Sherri did a great job of putting the packages together.

LeAnn said...

What a cute Idea!!! My favorite T.V. Show is Greys Anatomy. And if you will excuse me I have to go tweet about this

Quadmama said...

Your additional entries have been noted : )

Staci said...

I'm so happy you liked the package! It's really neat how a package of little goodies makes you feel like a kid again. Have fun with the challenge!

Post a Comment