May 17, 2009

Sunday Suppers: Use What You Have

If you're like me, then you have some nights where you open the refrigerator, stare at its contents and wonder "what in the world am I going to make for dinner?" My aunt sent me a link that I thought I would share with you. It's called Cooking By Numbers.You click on the items you have in your fridge and pantry and the site gives you some suggestions and recipes. Some of the suggestions are a tad disappointing. For example, among the things I checked off in my refrigerator was "apple." The number one suggestion? Eat the apple. A great idea... unless you're looking for meal suggestions. At the very least the site gives you some reminders of old stand-bys (omlettes or sandwhiches). It's worth checking out when you're at a loss to see if there's an option you overlooked.

3 comments:

jayewalking said...

ha ha on the apple--smartass website! Thanks for the link. I could always use meal ideas. I hate trying to figure out what to make.

Anonymous said...

Well I love the idea of that site- I'll definitely check it out. I'm always at a loss, staring into my refrigerator. They could have suggested baking that apple though. Or bobbing for it at the very least ;)

Quadmama said...

Yeah, the whole apple thing made me roll my eyes.

Post a Comment