November 10, 2010

Time for the Hair Dryer

It snowed yesterday. Ugh. On Saturday it was nearly 80 degrees... now it's not even 50. I guess I was spoiled by the lingering warm weather.
The cooler weather means it's time to break out many things: the shovel, extra blankets and the hair dryer. I actually use the hair dryer on my own hair every day (shhhh, don't tell my stylist. She thinks I should only wash my hair every other day. She, however, does not have crazy, uncontrollable waves that will not be tamed by a measly water bottle). Anyway, once it becomes cold outside, I have to start using the hair dryer on my girls. This, of course, makes our nightly routine a little longer. They take a shower every other night (baths on the "off" nights if they've been at school or playing outside, etc). I can't send them to bed with wet hair. Their hair dries pretty fast in the summer, but in the winter, I don't think it would ever air-dry. So, out comes the hair dryer and they are suddenly treated to salon-type pampering. Their hair is combed, tangle-free and nice and shiny.
I figure I could open my own at-home salon with all the work I do on the girls, especially once you factor in the "mani/pedis" I give them in the summer!

4 comments:

MaryAnne said...

Hair dryers leave my hair frizzy. I never understood their value (beyond getting hair to dry more quickily) until Emma came along - it makes her hair look so beautiful!

Kim said...

Oh, how I feel your pain re snow and hair! It's a double whammy.

Jacqueline Miller said...

I had to laugh. I get my hair dryer out this time of year, too, but the only thing I use mine for these days is putting plastic up on the windows.

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

To date I've been able to let my girls' hair air-dry. At 22 months, it's still very fine and pretty short, so it dries within 30 or 45 minutes. I remember having to sit for what seemed like HOURS while my my dried my hair when I was a little girl. I hope our girls don't find it to be so torturous! HA!

Post a Comment