November 22, 2010

Sometimes You Just Have to Laugh

The other day I was reading a blog by a mom of triplets, who also happens to in my moms of multiples group. A repairman was at her house and asked her if she was running a day care. This inspired her to make a video with some of the funny and/or annoying comments she has heard about having triplets. Since I know I've written multiple times about the comments that have annoyed me, I thought I would share some of the humorous things I have heard (or overheard) when I'm out with my girls:
  • So, are you a nanny or something?
  • Woman 1: Look, quadruplets! Woman 2: No, one of them looks smaller. I think it's triplets, but they didn't want the younger one to feel left out so they dressed her like the other three.  (You think I'm joking about this one, don't you?)
  • How much do you charge for babysitting?
  • (seeing me load up on milk) You must have a house full of teenagers! At least they'll be out of the house soon. (nope, so imagine how much milk I'll be buying in 10 years!)
OK, so those are the only ones that stand out in my mind right now... but I wanted you to know I do have a sense of humor. It's actually very rare that someone's comments truly annoy me.

9 comments:

MaryAnne said...

Thank goodness you have a sense of humor!

Triple U said...

Thank you for blogging about my blog! I think that's a first for me. I agree that many of the comments are funny. I personally don't like to be stopped though. Everyone thinks they're comments are original. Being a mom of triplets has given me new perspective. I will NEVER again say anything about basketball to a tall person!

If any of your readers are interested in seeing the video I created - here is a link to my blog:

http://usaganitriplets.blogspot.com/2010/11/is-this-daycare.html

Quadmama said...

I was going to link to your post, but didn't know how you felt about that, so I'm glad you put a link in your comment!

Triple U said...

OMG - I do know the difference between there, their and they're. That is one of my pet peeves. I can't believe I did that. So embarrassing!

Sadia said...

Those are some good ones!

Somehow I suspect you've never gotten "I always wanted quads." That's probably the most common comment I hear these days. Honestly, I can't disagree! ;)

Quadmama said...

No, but I still hear a lot of "I've always wanted twins." Twins. Quads. Same thing ; )

Stephanie Manner Wagner said...

Hubby & I have 5 kids, 16, 12, 9 & our twins. I can handle the twin comments with little annoyance, but I'm beyond done with the grocery store interrogation on how much food I buy. Each and every time I grocery shop I get asked if I am having a party at my house. My answer varies based on my mood, but seriously I am over it. Apparently everyone else on the planet has 1 single child that barely ever eats?

Quadmama said...

When I grocery shop on Sundays people constantly ask me if I'm hosting a football party!

Holly G said...

I can only imagine how difficult it must be with higher-order multiples. Just the twin comments make me crazy sometimes...and when people ask if my twins plus one are triplets (My baby is nearly 2 years younger and this is obvious). The comment that really left me speechless one day was: "So since your twins are boy/girl and fraternal, they don't have that special twin bond people talk about then, huh?"

Post a Comment