January 19, 2010

I Need a Vacation

The last time Hubby and I took a vacation was nearly 9 years ago. It was our honeymoon to Maui. There is nothing better than a week filled with snorkeling and mai tais. Since then, we have certainly gone on trips, but they have all involved family events (weddings, etc) and nothing nearly as relaxing as an actual vacation. I think we're due a little relaxation.
We are currently saving up for a trip to Disney. It's going to be a big family affair (hopefully), so it's probably going to take two more years before we can actually coordinate everyone's schedules and finances.
Still, I'm desperate for a little R and R. My ultimate goal, of course, would be a vacation sans quadruplets. Don't get me wrong, I love my daughters and love spending time with them. But it would be nice to have a few days of relaxation that didn't involve entertaining four preschoolers.
Since I'm desperate to get away, though, I've looked at family vacations. This time of year there's just nothing in our area that seems reasonable for people who don't ski. I can ski, but it's not high on my list of relaxing activities. I even looked into a hotel chain with an indoor water park, but the closest one is 10 hours away. Bummer.
At the very least, I'm hoping in a few weeks we can take a day trip somewhere (yes, all 6 of us) and just have an enjoyable time.

8 comments:

maryanne @ mama smiles said...

Good luck finding a relaxing vacation spot!

Quadmama said...

The girls want to go camping this summer. Not exactly relaxing but fun and fairly inexpensive!

Anonymous said...

We don't have family in the US to look after our kids, so we've always looked for places to go where they have kid clubs and or on-site childcare. It is one of our top 5 requirements whenever we go on vacation.

Quadmama said...

I looked at Beaches with the Sesame Street theme. Some day we might be able to afford it. I loved the various childcare options.

Christina said...

I hope you find some relaxation soon. :)

Roman and Tifffany said...

Maybe try Glenwood Springs. The girls would probably love to play in the natural hot springs and it could be quite relaxing for you and the hubby.

Sadia said...

Let us know what you find. Lucas and I have never been on vacation, since being together in our home is such a luxury for us. Our "honeymoon" was two weeks off work in our apartment and around Austin. :)

Quadmama said...

I'm all for a "staycation" if we actually relaxed and enjoyed the free time.

Post a Comment