August 16, 2011

It's Almost Time

Tomorrow is the big day. My babies, who insist they are not babies, will be going to kindergarten! I can't believe how time flew by this summer. We didn't do everything I had envisioned, but we still had a lot of fun.
Yesterday we spent about an hour and a half at school for kindergarten assessment. Other than the girls not being assigned to the right teachers, everything was fine. The teacher situation was quickly resolved, too. (It was more of an issue of the "pairings," than the teachers. I requested that Cakes and Tortilla be separated since they're my identicals. They were put in the same class, but it was an easy fix to switch Tortilla and Sue Sue).
I would love to tell you what happened during the assessment, but I wasn't allowed to be involved. I sat out in the hallway while they met individually with their teachers. I think this was a good thing as it meant fewer distractions for them as they were "assessed." Plus, it gave their teachers a chance to get to know them one on one. (According to Sue Sue "Some things were easy. Some things were hard." I peeked in on one assessment. It involved counting, identifying letters, sounds, etc.)
And so, we are headed to the pool today one last time before school starts. Their clothes for tomorrow are picked out. Hubby and I have a "breakfast date" after we drop them off. And I expect everyone to be exhausted by the end of tomorrow!

6 comments:

Heather Svihl said...

Good Luck and can't wait to hear about their first day adventures.

MaryAnne said...

I love your breakfast date idea!

I'm glad you got the teacher issue resolved. We had kindergarten assessment way back in May. I wasn't allowed in either, but from Emma's description it sounded very similar to yours.

Quadmama said...

It didn't occur to me that I WOULDN'T be allowed in, but it made perfect sense. They are so excited to go tomorrow!

Holly G said...

Best of luck to your "babies!" I'm sure they'll have a great first day and I love the breakfast date idea!!

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

Thinking of you all today! I hope your girls have a fantastic first day! And I hope you and your hubby enjoy that breakfast date...sit back and reflect and RELAX!!! :) :)

Renae said...

I hope you and hubby had a wonderful breakfast date. Can't wait to hear all about the girls' first day of kindergarten! How exciting!

Post a Comment