August 24, 2010

Back to School

We survived the first day back to preschool! Yesterday was a tad chaotic, but we managed to get through it. Since my girls missed the kindergarten cutoff by DAYS they are the oldest in their preschool class, but I don't think that's a bad thing. Get this... their class is made up of 14 girls and 2... yes TWO.... boys. I don't know how that happened, but my girls are ecstatic to have so many female playmates.
I'm a little concerned about their teacher. For the last two years we had a wonderful, amazing teacher who was let go due to budget cuts. Their new teacher is extremely unorganized. I'm hoping it improves with time, but I'm not convinced it will. Still, my girls are excited to go to school and that's what counts for now.
I just got off the phone with the person in charge of kindergarten enrollment at our local charter school. The school has full day kindergarten so I would really like my girls to be accepted. Anyway, I asked her what the school's policy is on classroom placement for multiples. She said "we really try to keep them separated." Then I asked her how many kindergarten classes she anticipates having next year. Three. So if the girls are accepted, it won't be possible to have all four of them in different classes. I already have ideas on how I would like them split up... Geesh. It's only the second day of preschool and I'm already focused on kindergarten!
You still have time to enter my David Garrett Rock Symphonies giveaway!

7 comments:

Mrs. Werginz said...

WOW! I can imagine how crazy your day was getting all 4 ready to go! I have only done that with my 2 nephews and I am exhausted by drop-off time! Are you going to split them 2 and 2 if they only have 3 classes?

Stephanie said...

Glad to hear that day 1 went well :)

reanbean said...

That's great that you're all off to a good start. I hope the girls have a great year with their new teacher!

Quadmama said...

The morning routine is a lot easier now that they can dress themselves. I haven't decided how I'll split them... At this point I'm thinking 1, 2 and 1. I think some of them would come out of their shells a bit if they're in a class with no sisters.

Angela said...

We'll be in the same boat as far as the cut-off. Hope you get some much deserved "Mommy time" although I know it will be very busy time for you.

MaryAnne said...

I can't believe you get four 4yos ready for school every morning! Hopefully their teacher will get more organized soon...

Kim said...

I totally understand! My girls are just 4, and I'm already fretting about kindergarten issues—mainly whether to start them later rather than earlier, and, of course, separation vs keeping them together.

Post a Comment