July 15, 2009

When Mama Ain't Happy...

It has truly been one of those days. I try not to use this blog as an outlet to whine, but today you will have to humor.
It all started at 5 a.m. Tortilla began screaming and crying. I rushed to her bed to find out what was going on. She told me there was a bug in her bed. I looked, couldn't find it, but brushed off her pillow, blankie, covers, etc. Thirty minutes later... same thing. I was desperate for sleep so I let her "sleep" in Roo's bed. Then all hell broke loose. Not only did everyone get out of bed and run around their room (all before 6 a.m., mind you), Tortilla repeatedly insisted there were bugs in her bed, on her pajamas, on her blankie, in the room, anywhere she could think of. Around 7 a.m. (the time I had to wake up anyway), she threw another fit. She was hysterical, pointing out non-existent bugs on her arm. At this point I was concerned that she had eaten something that was currently causing her to hallucinate. I was seriously contemplating a visit to our local urgent care. Then something hit me... or at least blew on me. You see, I realized every time the oscillating fan pointed in Tortilla's direction, she suddenly thought bugs were on her. When the air hit her she thought it was bugs... even though this fan has been in her room for months and has never been an issue. Problem solved... but now everyone (including me) is extremely cranky. Naps? We haven't taken those in about a year and no one seems interested. Instead they would rather whine and fuss until bed time (which will be happening a little earlier than usual).
I won't even get into the cat barf that greeted me when I finally came downstairs or the continuing saga of my battle with the insurance company that took place today. Need a good word to sum up my mood today? Check out Sarah's post at Embracing Chaos. Her choice for today's word of the day says it all.

6 comments:

Stephanie Barr said...

Ah, I hate days like this. Hopefully, things will improve.

Quadmama said...

Things could only go up from there, right? Now we're all just tired and ready for bed.

MaryAnne said...

Ugh, we had a day like this recently... I hope the girls sleep well tonight and that tomorrow is a better day!

Jacqueline Miller said...

Wow, what a way to start the day. I'm impressed that you caught the bug/fan connection - at least now you now how to head off that one. And no naps for a year - OMG, I dread the day!

LauraC said...

I say use your blog for whatever you want!!

Quadmama said...

The girls went to bed early and are still sleeping, so I think today will be a better day!!

Post a Comment