October 13, 2011

Yep. It's One of Those Weeks

Tortilla spent all weekend dealing with a nasty stomach bug. I won't give you the details, but it was brutal. By Monday, though, she was chipper and ready for school. Unfortunately, Hubby and I were both down for the count. We both woke up at 3 am, feeling the effects of Tortilla's bug. For whatever reason, Hubby decided he could get the girls to school. I didn't argue because I was miserable and I figured a child-free house would help with our recuperation. Until the school called at noon saying Sue Sue had an upset stomach. At that point, neither Hubby nor I were in any condition to go get her. Fortunately, my mother in law was able to retrieve Sue Sue (who, by the way, came home and did not appear to be the least bit sick). This is the first time we have both been violently ill at the same time. It was miserable. We managed to get through it, but it was not easy.
By Tuesday everyone seemed OK, but not 100%. Hubby and I slugged it out at work, and fell into bed around 9 pm. Wednesday I was ready to get back on track. I took everyone to school, hit the grocery store, did laundry.... and then received a phone call saying Tortilla had to leave school because she had a fever. (sigh). It didn't help that Sue Sue had an appointment in the afternoon that she couldn't miss. So I picked everyone up from school (the others were going to be picked up in an hour and a half anyway), let Tortilla rest and then went to the appointment.
By the end of the night, we were all exhausted, so it didn't help when Cakes woke up at 2 am, apparently the next victim of the bug. Today is only a half day of school, so I kept everyone home. There's no school tomorrow or Monday, so I'm really hoping everyone is better by Tuesday! Did I mention tomorrow and Saturday mark the fall sale for my moms of multiples group and I'm on the "team" that is organizing the sale. Yeah, did not need this illness this week! Oh, and today is Hubby's birthday, so we've had to cancel our night out. Thankfully, I had ribs in the freezer, so I can make my mom's "secret" rib recipe, which is one of his favorites. Now if I can just get my house disinfected... again!

5 comments:

MaryAnne said...

What a week! Great save on your hubby's bday dinner. I hope everyone gets well and stays well soon! And good luck with the sale this weekend!

Becky said...

What a week! I'm exhausted from reading...good call mama keeping everyone home today. :) Happy Birthday to hubby....I forgot that he and I share the same birthday month.

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

Wow...the one-two, then three-four punch, huh? I hope everyone will have the opportunity to rest up over the long weekend and start next week fresh and healthy again. Hang in there!

Unknown said...

Illness is one of those things you never think about when you get all soft and mushy about having a baby (or babies). I once took a child in bed with me when she was sick and feverish. I put her on my tunny and went back to sleep. I woke to her heaving all over me, the bed, my sleeping husband. It was one of those moments of childhood you hope is short.

Renae said...

Oh no. What a nightmare! We've dealt with having both kids sick at the same time, but have never had a situation where both T and I were miserably sick. I'm really hoping that our years of teaching in public schools have give us the immunity needed to avoid that type of situation.

Glad you made it through. Hopefully you'll all enjoy many weeks of good health before the next bug comes around.

Post a Comment