March 16, 2010

An Interesting Conversation

My daughters always keep me on my toes. Here is a conversation I had with them the other night:
Me: Cakes, you can't wear that necklace to bed.
Sue Sue: You wear a ring to bed, why can't she wear a necklace?
Me: Necklaces can be dangerous when you're sleeping. Besides, this ring was a special gift from Daddy.
Cakes: When you got married?
Me: Yes.
Cakes: Why does Daddy wear a ring?
Me: He also got a ring when we were married.
Cakes: I thought boys were supposed to get skateboards when they get married.

Oh wait, it gets even better.
Roo: Where were we at your wedding?
Me: You weren't born yet.
Roo: We were at grandma's?
Me: No honey, you weren't even in my tummy.
Tortilla: Oh. Because we have to get married before we put babies in our tummies?
Me: YES!!!!

5 comments:

MaryAnne said...

How funny! Wonder where Cakes got the idea about boys getting skateboards...

Quadmama said...

Hubby SWEARS he never told her that.

Suzy said...

LOL!! I think my mom told me the same thing. :)

Angela said...

That was quite around about way to get there, but they "got" it! My 13yr old will LOVE the comment about the skateboard! This is too adorable!

Quadmama said...

The things they come up with can be quite comical.

Post a Comment