May 29, 2012

I'm Baaaaaack (At Least For Now)

Phew! My preschool job has been done for a week and already this summer is hectic! I must say, preschool was a lot of fun. It had its challenges, especially since I was hired to work in a Special Education room and some of those kiddos needed one on one support. Plus, I think I was sick at least once a month, including a doozie of a case of bronchitis during Spring Break. That's what happens when little ones pick their noses and then want to hold your hand! Overall, though, I had a great time. Sadly, I will not be returning to preschool when school resumes. The good news, though, is that I will move into the elementary building and work as a paraprofessional with the mild/moderate Special Education program. I'll miss preschool, but I think this will be a good fit. Instead of worrying about what happens to the preschoolers moving on to kindergarten who still need help, I'll be one of the people helping them!
At the end of April I decided to quit my part-time retail job. Working two jobs (even if they were both part-time) was becoming too much to juggle and really taking away from time with my family. Since I only worked in the morning preschool session, often times I would sub for other paras in the afternoon, which made for long days if I had to work my retail job that night. It was a great decision to quit. For the first time in five years my husband and I are both off on the weekends. It's a nice feeling to have the entire weekend for family time. Plus, I'm not working during summer break, so I'm really trying to enjoy this time with my daughters.
My goal is to get back to this blog, at least for the summer, and I hope that's something I can manage!

2 comments:

MaryAnne said...

I'm so glad you and your husband both get weekends off! I hope you enjoy your summer with your girls, and congratulations on your job this fall!

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

So glad to see you back in the blog world! Very glad to hear that your girls had a great time in Kindergarten, and that you've so enjoyed your job, too. And how fantastic that you'll get to FINALLY start enjoying family weekends!

I hope you and your sweet girls have a really great summer together!

Post a Comment